Article I – Purpose
The purpose of this organization shall be:
1. To give social and supplemental financial support to
the Choral groups within the
2. To promote and foster interest in the Choral programs
Article II – General Membership
1. Regular Membership dues will be determined by the Executive Board.
2. Alumni Memberships will be offered to any alumni interested in the purpose of the group.
3. Lifetime Memberships are awarded by the Choral Director.
4. Corporate Memberships will be available, and their support will be recognized at
5. All privileges of regular membership apply to Alumni, Lifetime, & Corporate Members
except for voting and holding an Executive Office.
Article III – Organization
1. The officers of this organization shall be a President, Vice President, Secretary, and a Treasurer. These officers, the Chairpersons of the Standing Committees, and the Choral Director shall constitute the Choral Executive Board.
2. Only members of the Choral Executive Board are eligible to vote at the Executive Board meetings.
3. All General Membership shall constitute the Strongsville High School Choral Boosters; and all Regular members are eligible to vote at General Meetings of the Choral Booster Organization.
4. The officers shall be elected each year at the May General Meeting and shall assume office at the beginning of the fiscal year (July 1). These officers shall continue in office until their successors are elected and until the end of the fiscal year (June 30).
5. A Nominating Committee shall consist of three members secured by the Vice President. This Committee shall be appointed at the March meeting. The consent of the nominees to serve must be obtained before their names are placed in nomination. Any member of the nominating committee to be considered for an office shall withdraw from the room during the discussion of candidates for that particular office.
a. The Nominating Committee shall submit nominations at the April Board meeting.
b. The Nominating Committee shall suggest to the incoming President the names of as many prospective Standing Committee Chairpersons as possible.
6. The officers shall be elected at the General Meeting in May. Nominations may be made from the floor. The candidates must be present and accept the nominations. In the event that there is but one candidate for an office, the Secretary will cast the elective vote for the nominee.
7. All Choral Booster Members who have paid annual dues prior to voting are eligible to vote for officers and other matters pertaining to the Booster Organization and its operations.
8. No officer shall serve more than two consecutive terms in the same office. In the event that no one accepts the nomination for the position or is unable to serve, the officer may remain in office for an additional term.
9. The Choral Boosters’ Executive Board shall elect a member of the organization to fill any office which becomes vacant during the year. The elect will serve the remainder of the unexpired term.
10. The Choral Boosters’ Executive Board shall attend to the affairs of the Organization
during the interim between General Meetings of the Organization, but the acts of the
Board shall not conflict with the actions taken by the Organization.
11. In the event that a vote becomes necessary prior to a General Meeting, an
electronic vote (e-mail) or phone-in option may be initiated.
12. Any adult assisting with student activities must be fingerprinted as per School Board
policy. (Call the Board Office/Human Resources: 572-7035 for details.)
Article IV– Duties of the Officers and Choral Director
a. Will preside at meetings of the choral Booster Executive Board and General Membership
b. Will be a member ex-officio of all Committees except Nominating
c. May suggest items of business, in addition to keeping order
d. Will decide who shall have the floor to speak
e. Shall appoint chairpersons and committees as needed
f. Must be a member of Choral Boosters.
2. Vice President
5. Choral Director
Article V – Standing Committees
The Chairpersons of the following Standing Committees shall be appointed by the President and shall be announced by the first meeting of the fiscal year following the President’s election:
2. By-Laws (as needed)
3. Cantorum Parent Liaison
4. Cantorum Wardrobe – Female
5. Cantorum Wardrobe - Male
10. Kids in the ‘Ville Camp
12. Mustang Express Parent Liaison
13. Mustang Express Wardrobe – Female
14. Mustang Express Wardrobe - Male
16. Outstanding Senior Award
19. Senior Recognition Dinner
20. Sound & Equipment
21. Stompin’ at the ‘Ville
22. Teen Idol
23. Ways and Means (fundraisers)
25. Women’s Chorale Parent Liaison
26. Women’s Chorale Wardrobe
The Chairpersons of each committee must be members of Choral Boosters.
The Chairpersons of each committee shall submit, to the incoming President, by the last meeting of the fiscal year, a summary of the year’s work of his/her committee with recommendations for the following year.
Article VI – Duties of the Standing Committees
Auditing: The Executive Board will recommend an independent auditor who will audit the books at the close of the fiscal year. Administrators, Choral Director, and Executive Board Officers cannot serve as the auditor or may not be members of this committee, although the treasurer may serve in an advisory capacity.
By-Laws: This committee shall review the By-Laws of the Choral Boosters as often as necessary or whenever the membership shall question or ask for a change as outlined in Article VIII. They shall bring before the membership at the General Meeting recommended changes to be acted upon as described in Article VIII.
Cantorum Parent Liaison: This Chairperson will aid the Choral Director by maintaining a list of the email addresses of parents and student members of Cantorum, communicating information to the parents of the group via email, and providing support and organization as needed by the director.
Chaperones: This Chairperson shall see that parents are available when requested by the Choral Director to accompany the Choral Groups on trips. (Fingerprinting required as per Board policy.)
Concessions: This committee shall organize the sale of refreshments at Choral Booster fund raising events including Invitational, Teen Idol, Stompin’, and the school musical if needed.
committee shall organize and provide refreshments for students and volunteers
at choral events including Senior Night, Stompin’, and the
Invitational: This committee shall assist the Choral Director with overseeing the organization of this event, by securing the building, sending invitations to other show choirs, determine hospitality and concessions, sell tickets and dvd’s.
Kids in the ‘Ville Camp: This committee shall assist the Choral Director with overseeing the organization of this event by publicizing it, accepting applications, developing rosters, nametags, ordering t-shirts, selling dvd’s, and determining hospitality for the children.
Membership: This Chairperson and committee shall contact all choral parents and other interested persons to become members of the Strongsville High School Choral Boosters. If membership dues from Choral parents are not received by October 1, follow-up will be made by this committee.
Mustang Express Parent Liaison: This Chairperson will aid the Choral Director by maintaining the email addresses of parents and student members of Mustang Express, communicating information to the parents of the group via email, and providing support and organization as needed by the director.
Nominating: This committee shall consist of three members secured by the Vice President in March and shall submit Officer nominations at the April Choral Boosters meeting of the Executive Board. They shall suggest names to the incoming president of as many Standing Committee Chairpersons as possible.
Outstanding Senior Award: This committee shall be responsible for reviewing the applications and selecting the finalists. Final selections will be reviewed with the Choral Director and announced at Senior Recognition night.
Programs: This Chairperson and committee shall be responsible for coordinating printing of programs and tickets as needed by the Choral Department activities and shall be responsible for coordinating the distribution of programs at the concerts.
Publicity: This Chairperson and committee shall prepare items of general interest for publication and shall attend to advertising of the Choral Department events and fundraisers.
Senior Recognition Dinner: This committee shall assist the Choral Director with overseeing the organization of this event, sending invitations to senior families, securing the building, decorating, meal planning, securing a photographer. This committee shall work closely with the hospitality committee.
Sound & Equipment: This committee shall assist the Choral Director with running the equipment during choral events. Needed are parents who are willing to assist with the transporting of equipment and with the overseeing of the student sound, lighting, and stage crews.
Stompin’ at the ‘Ville: This Chairperson shall oversee the organization and direction of this event and shall chair the committee that plans and sets up the cabaret style night of entertainment by securing the Recreation Center and organizing the sale of tickets, publicity, food, decorations, sound & equipment, and silent auction baskets.
Teen Idol: This Chairperson shall assist Choral Director with overseeing the organization of this event and shall chair the committee that secures judges and provides scoring sheets, tickets, programs, awards, and concessions.
Wardrobe (Cantorum, Mustang Express, & Women’s Chorale): These Chairpersons shall assist and arrange for the distribution, fitting, ordering, and care of any wardrobe items needed for their specific group and work with parent Liaisons and Choral Director.
Ways and Means: This Chairperson and committee shall devise and execute plans for financing the activities of the organization. Any method of raising money must be approved by the Choral Booster Executive Board and school Administration.
Webmaster: This Chairperson shall maintain and update the Choral Booster website as needed.
Women’s Chorale Parent Liaison: Will aid the Choral Director by maintaining a list of the email addresses of parents and student Women’s Chorale membership, communicating information to the parents of the group via email, and providing support and organization as needed by the director.
Article VII – Meetings
1. Choral Booster Executive Board meetings shall be held each month during the school year (except December). These meetings are open to General Membership.
2. Meetings of the General Membership will be held in the Fall and in Spring traditionally at the Fall Concert and at Showtime in May.
3. Special meetings may be called by the President if needed during the fiscal year.
4. A quorum for the transaction of business at regular and special meetings of the General Membership of the organization shall be a majority of those members present. A quorum of eight is required for the transaction of business at Executive Board meetings.
5. The fiscal year shall be from July 1 to June 30 of the following year.
Article VIII – Amendments to By-laws
These By-laws may be amended at the regular business meeting of the General Membership by two-thirds vote of the members present, provided that the proposed amendment(s) shall have been submitted in writing to all General Membership ten days prior to the vote.
Article IX – Parliamentary Authority
1. The rules contained in Robert’s Rules of Order shall govern the Organization in all cases.
2. The order of conducting the meetings shall be:
Presented to General Membership
Date: March 8, 2010
Ratified by the General Membership
Date: April 12th, 2010