Our District serves nearly 5,500 students and consists of one preschool, five elementary schools (grades K-5), one middle school (grades 6-8) and one high school (grades 9-12). Through our goals of Academic Achievement & Growth, Financial Prudence, and Community Engagement, we are building a District of excellence and innovation and will continue our drive in becoming a premier District in the region and state.
These goals help to guide our work and ensure that we are preparing our students for the many paths they will follow after graduation from Strongsville High School. Whether it is continuing their education in a college/university setting, beginning their journey in a career, or serving in a branch of our military, our students are developing the skills necessary to be successful and meaningful contributors to society.
Per the American Rescue Plan and the Ohio Department of Education, Strongsville City Schools has developed a "Continuity of Services Plan" for 2021-22. This plan addresses continuing COVID-19 mitigation strategies, as well as continuity plans for academic services, social-emotional/mental health services, and food services. Periodic reviews and opportunities for public input will be available during the 2021-22 school year. Click HERE for a link to the complete plan.
- Strongsville City Schools has been honored with the “Best Communities for Music Education” designation from The National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) Foundation for its outstanding commitment to music education.
- This is the eighth straight year the District has earned this distinction. Strongsville is one of 686 school districts nationwide to be recognized by NAMM, and one of just 20 school districts in Northeast Ohio to receive this prestigious award in 2021.
- Strongsville City Schools and Locals 290 and 028 of the Ohio Association of Public School Employees (OAPSE) have agreed on a three year contract extension to the current contract agreement.
- These local groups of OAPSE include transportation, custodial/maintenance, food services, educational support, office support, and technology staff in the District.
- Our District is excited to announce a partnership agreement with the nationally recognized school enrichment provider, Right At School, to provide before- and after-school care for elementary students this fall.
- Right at School will be offering before- and after-school care every weekday (Monday-Friday) at each of the elementary school buildings in our District, beginning in August, 2021.