Used Chromebook Information
1. Used chromebooks are "deprovisioned" and the process may take 24 hours before they are removed from our Google Admin Console
2. There are two possible ways to return to factory settings: Reset and Wiping
3. To Reset:
- Sign out of your Chromebook.
- Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Shift + r.
- Select Restart.
- In the box that appears, select Powerwash Continue.
- Follow the steps that appear and sign in with your Google Account.
Note: The account you sign in with after you reset your Chromebook will be the owner account.
- Once you've reset your Chromebook:
- Follow the onscreen instructions to set up your Chromebook
- Check if the problem is fixed
4. To Wipe:
- Press Esc++Power.
A yellow exclamation point (!) or "Please insert a recovery USB stick" is displayed.
- Press Ctrl+D to begin Dev mode, then press Enter.
- Press Space, then press Enter.
The Chromebook deletes its local data, returning to its initial state. This can take approximately 40 minutes.
Note: If Forced re-enrollment is enabled for the device, you'll see a note that Developer mode is blocked. This shortens the wipe process, and still allows for re-enrollment when the device automatically restarts in Verified mode.
- When the transition completes, press the space bar, then press Enter to return to Verified mode.