The mission of the Strongsville City Schools Diversity Council is to create a safe environment where students are accepted, heard, and valued while feeling empowered to develop the knowledge and skills to learn, understand, and appreciate the different perspectives and individual experiences.
Attending Council Meetings
All parents, staff, community members and middle / high school students are invited to take part in our Diversity Council. The Council typically meets virtually on the fourth Wednesday of the month at 6:00 PM throughout the school year to discuss topics impacting our district. In support of the SCS Diversity Council mission, the Council works collaboratively to identify strengths, areas of growth, and a plan of action as it relates to diversity, equity, and inclusion in Strongsville City Schools. You can click here to register to attend a Diversity Council meeting.
This SCS Diversity Council IS:
● A space to listen and learn from each other’s lived experiences within SCS.
● A collaborative dialogue focused on identifying past successes, areas of growth, and a shared vision for the future.
● An opportunity to come together as a community to set collective goals, engage in solutions-oriented action planning, and enact
positive change in our district
This SCS Diversity Council IS NOT:
● A forum to argue, debate, demean, or put-down the ideas and experiences of others.
● A one-time community conversation, as this work is an on-going commitment to long-term growth in the areas of diversity, equity,
inclusion in our district.