Enroll a Student
Student Enrollment Procedure
Strongsville City Schools has implemented an online registration program for the convenience of families with students new to our district. Registration of your child may now be completed online from the comfort of home. This new program should increase the accuracy and efficiency of the registration process.
Click HERE for 2021-22 Kindergarten Registration
For online enrollment support click here.
New students who are enrolling for the first time as either new residents or as kindergarteners should follow this procedure. The District does not accept open enrollment or tuition students.
How to Enroll Students:
- Only parents, legal custodians and/or legal guardians can register students in the District.
- If moving in from another District, do not forget to sign a release form from your previous District so they can send us the appropriate information.
- Students must have their 5th birthday on or before August 1 to be eligible to register for kindergarten.
- Items needed at time of enrollment:
- Student's Birth Certificate
- Student's Immunization Records
- Proof of Residency - One of the following: tax bill, mortgage coupon, telephone, gas, electric or sewer/water bill, insurance policy on dwelling, or a signed rental or purchase agreement.
- Proof of Custody ( if needed) Certified Copy of Court Order or Court Appointed Guardianship
The District provides student transportation for elementary, middle and high school students in accordance with the Ohio Revised Code. At the time of enrollment, the Registrar will determine if the student is eligible for school transportation and provide the bus stop information detailing pick up and drop off location and time for each enrolled student. Summer registrants may have the information mailed directly to the new student's Strongsville home address.
Upon successful enrollment, class schedules can be developed for middle and high school students.. Middle school students will select electives at the time of registration, but middle school counselors will determine their class schedule. Upon successful enrollment, high school students must make an appointment with the high school guidance department to set their class schedule. The phone number of the high school Guidance Office will be provided to parents by the Registrar upon completion of enrollment.