Hi! My name is Melanie (Ropchock). I have a BS as an Early Childhood Intervention Specialist and a MA in Elementary Education with Literacy; I am also a licensed reading specialist. I am fortunate to instruct diverse learners. We have two classroom assistants during each session: Miss Jackie (Bias) and Miss Kim (Manney). We are also delighted to have Miss Char (retired kindergarten teacher) volunteer every day during session two!
I work diligently to ensure that my classroom environment is conducive to positive academic, emotional and social outcomes. I meet my students at their educational and social development without bias or preconceived ideas. I believe it is important to build confidence in my students to help them become capable learners. It is my goal to foster a love of learning.
Our curriculum is Creative Curriculum for Preschool which is aligned to Ohio Early Learning Development Standards. This curriculum is based on five fundamental principles.
- Positive interactions and relationships with adults provide a critical foundation for successful learning.
- Social–emotional competence is a significant factor in school success.
- Constructive, purposeful play supports essential learning.
- The physical environment affects the type and quality of learning interactions.
- Teacher–family partnerships promote development and learning.
The curriculum is also aligned to The Big Ideas which are highly selected concepts, principles, rules, strategies and questions that facilitate the most efficient and broadest acquisition of knowledge.
It is my pleasure to serve the mini-Mustangs of the Strongsville Early Learning Preschool at Chapman Elementary!
Please do not hesitate to contact me at email@example.com if you have questions or need additional information.
Please connect here for more information!