Stay Safe. Speak Up!
Strongsville City Schools is fully committed to curbing student bullying and school violence, and providing a positive learning environment for all students that enhances personal safety and promotes respect, dignity, and equality among students. We believe our schools play an important role in helping faculty, staff, and parents prepare students to be respectful and responsible citizens.
Strongsville City Schools will make every effort to handle and respond to every charge and complaint filed by students, parents, and employees in a fair, thorough, and just manner. Also, every effort will be made to protect the due process rights of all victims and all alleged perpetrators.
Students who believe they have been harassed, bullied, victimized by fellow students, or have other concerns which may jeopardize the safety of students, employees, or school facilities, are asked to Speak Up! and promptly report the issue using our District’s student/parent hotline – accessible both online and by telephone.
Strongsville City Schools has contracted with a company called PublicSchoolWORKS to provide this service and to ensure you remain anonymous. If you use the telephone reporting system, the person you will be talking with is not affiliated with our district. The attendant will listen to your issue, complete a written report, and then, if you'd like, transfer you to a specialist or other support person. After you finish your call or make your report online, the district will receive a confidential report from PublicSchoolWORKS. Your issue will then be investigated by our district.
Stay Safe. Speak Up! provides the following services:
- Online and telephone reporting tools for students, parents and staff.
- Student training regarding the need to speak up about safety and bullying issues.
- Staff training in recognizing and responding to incidents of bullying and violence.
- Administrative systems to manage incidents and document district and school response to reported concerns of bullying or violence.
How To Report An Issue
- Talk to someone: Call 1-866-listen2me (1-866-547-8362) and talk with a live attendant. When the student talks with the live attendant, he/she has the option of being forwarded to one of the following national hotlines:
- 911 - Urgent response
- National AIDS Hotline - AIDS / HIV
- National Runaway Switchboard - Homeless - Runaway
- NINELINE Hotline - Relationship issues - peer/parent; alcohol/drug abuse
- RAINN - Sexual assault; domestic violence; physical abuse
- Suicide Crisis Center - Suicide
- Leave a voice message: Call 1-866-listen2me (1-866-547-8362) and leave a voice message.
- Online submission: Student Safety Reporting
- To ensure your information is sufficient, please give names, times and event details which you feel we should know. Please try to provide as much information about the situation as possible.