MakerSpace is Coming to Whitney!
MakerSpace Supply List
In order for our MakerSpace at Whitney Elementary to get off the ground, be maintained, and be successful, we need some help from parent/relatives/community members so we are asking for donations of any kind. These could be items that you no longer use or items you purchase (new or used).
The list below is the "more common" items and are merely suggestions. They are definitely things that we would like but please do not limit yourself to only items on this list.
(All items need to be safe, clean, and appropriate for elementary-aged students. Items like hand-tools, sewing needles, etc. will only be used with adult supervision)
- Sewing supplies (Needles, thread, scissors, fabric)
- Ribbon, yarn, string
- Legos, K’Nex, Blocks
- All types of paper (Wrapping paper, card stock, construction paper, printer paper, scrapbook)
- Markers, Pens, Crayons, etc.
- Cardboard of any kind (ie: cereal boxes, pop-tart boxes, large appliance boxes (flattened please))
- Cardboard tubes (wrapping paper, toilet paper, paper towel, etc.)
- Circuitry Kits (can be purchased online)
- Craft supplies (cotton balls, popsicle sticks, paint, tape, low temp hot glue gun, glue gun sticks, regular glue/sticks, toothpicks)
- Canvas, art supplies
- Cameras, photography equipment
- Things we can take apart (Old or broken electronics, old keyboards, small devices)
- Hammers, Screwdrivers, pliers
- Nails, Screws, Bolts
- Storage Containers - tubs, baskets
- Storage containers with drawers
- Dominos, marbles
- Playing cards (used for building items)
- Batteries (various sizes)
- Fabric paint and/or markers
- Old Christmas Lights (even if they don’t all work)
Again, please don't think you need to limit yourselves to st these items or that these need to all be purchased new. If you have similar items that you would like to donate, please feel free. We are not going to go through and limit ourselves to a certain quantity of an item in the beginning but if we feel like we have enough of something, we will go back and remove it from the list.
Thank you in advance for all of your help and support.