Early Learning Preschool Earns 'Step Up To Quality' 5 Star Award from State
Dan Foust, Communications Coordinator
Strongsville City Schools
440.572.7026 / email@example.com
Strongsville, OH (November 3, 2016) - The Strongsville City Schools Early Learning Preschool has earned five star status in the State of Ohio’s “Step Up To Quality” (SUTQ) program. SUTQ is a tiered quality rating and improvement system created to recognize and promote early learning and development programs that meet and exceed quality standards for health and safety licensing requirements.
Through an extensive application and review process, Strongsville’s Early Learning Preschool earned the highest rating possible. This five star status recognizes learning and development programs that exceed licensing standards. Recognized programs must also show evidence of a commitment to continuous improvement, the continuing education of teachers, the use of learning and development standards to support children’s learning, as well as relationship-building with families and communities. Programs earning five star ratings:
● Exceed learning standards
● Have low staff/child ratios
● Use child assessment results to plan activities that best support learning and development goals for each child
● Share assessment results and create goals for children
● Develop plans to support children as they transition to a new classroom or educational setting
● Partner with other organizations or businesses within the community to support children and their families
● Have an active and organized parent volunteer group
● Use input from families and community partners to assist in the program’s continuous improvement process
● Have accreditation by an approved organization
“We are so proud of the hard work and efforts of our staff at the Early Learning Preschool on a daily basis. To be recognized with Five Star status from the State is a testament to the dedication and excellence of our staff. We love working with our students and families and preparing these ‘Mini-Mustangs’ for their transition to kindergarten,” said Dr. Denise Abboud, Director of Strongsville’s Early Learning Preschool.
“Our Early Learning Preschool provides exemplary foundational learning opportunities for our youngest students. The entire staff has played a part in this five star recognition and we are appreciative of their efforts in preparing our young students for continued success in the Strongsville City School District,” said Cameron Ryba, Superintendent of Strongsville City Schools.
Early Learning Preschool Staff